Thursday 14 June 2012

good guys, bad guys

It is good to have our key characters with me when I am doing mundane tasks like driving or cleaning.  They brighten my day and can astound me with the life possibilities they suggest.  My deepest, darkest fears are that I am losing myself in these characters and their culture or that they are taking me over, or most fearfully impinging on my identity.  Or worse still… you will have to read the book to find out the other ways these characters might have affected the writers  who have eagerly resurrected and re-constructed the story of their  lives.  I hasten to add that for the most part, I believe that their influence has been positive, with the exception of the villains of course!
On the other hand the characters’ lives are exposed without their knowledge or permission. What they thought and did is being interpreted and recorded whether they would have liked it or not.  I sincerely hope that if they were able to watch this process, and understand what we are trying to do, they would approve, realising that the opponents of the cause will never be convinced!

No comments:

Post a Comment